Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dreams come true... Giraffe Manor

I am so behind in posting to the Blog as we have been having so much fun.  The newest pictures are all from Giraffe Manor.  As most of you know I sort of like giraffes and it has been a dream of mine to stay at Giraffe Manor.  I cannot adequately express what a thrill and joy it was to stay there.  The Manor itself is beautiful and the service is “WHITE GLOVE”.  Really, there is a staff of 26 people for the total of six rooms at the Manor, including a house steward, butler, cooks, laundry lady and so on and so on.  The host and hostess of the Manor are an amazing couple who just love the giraffes and know each one by name (they all have different personalities).  We met four lovely people staying there also; the last evening it was just the hosts and the two of us for the candle light dinner. Breakfast and Lunch are served in the sun room with the large windows opened so the giraffes can stop by and poke their heads in to have a meal with you.  They are gentle and sweet and love their special treats.  We had giraffe kisses, hugs and licks (yeah, I know, me who wouldn’t even let my dog lick me… sorry Taffy and Pookie).  The giraffe center is part of the Manor property and that is open to the public for viewing and learning about the giraffes.  There are nine giraffes on the property including two youngsters.  Daisy giraffe is pregnant and we were hoping for a baby to be born while we were there. Nairobi is very dry and she is holding off delivering waiting for better weather for feeding.  She has the ability to hold her pregnancy for an additional two months if conditions are not good to sustain the baby’s life (all mothers stop gasping).  Barney was a bit of a character who liked to stay on the patio even after treats were gone; a very sociable guy.  Lynn was the gentlest enjoying pets and letting you hug her.  MaryAnn wasn’t too fond of others getting treats when she thought she should get all of them.  I know they are giraffes but they were WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Well I think the pictures tell so much of the story.  I cried when I got there and cried when I left… it was such a thrill.  I am totally blessed!!!!!!!!

Pat (& Mike)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat and Mike,
    I love the photos! It feels like I'm in Africa, too.

    I want to give you an award, please visit me to pick it up.
    http://gottalovemom.blogspot.com/2009/04/sharing-love.html

    Keep posting =D

    ReplyDelete